Woke up feeling a bit slow after all the hustle and bustle, so what better way to enjoy myself than to make a “slow cooker” pHresh Vege Creamy Soup? It’ll be ready in about 6 hours – and here’s what I did:
Creamy Potato, Leek, Cauliflower Soup (6 quart Slow Cooker)
- 3 – 4 Red Potatos (peeled & diced)
- 2 leeks (sliced and diced, only a little green)
- 1 sweet white onion (sliced and diced)
- handful of carrots diced
- 2 1/2 quarts vege or unchick broth
- grind unbleached salt all the way around the top of the crock (approx 2 tsp)
- grind (fine) pepper 1/2 way around (approx 1 tsp)
- sprinkle dried or fresh rosemary (I use dried organic herbs de provence) all the way around the top (approx 1 T)
- dash of nutmeg (approx 1/4 – 1/3 tsp)
Once it’s ready, scoop 1/3 of the soup into a 3-4 quart pot, and using a hand held mixer, puree until smooth. Pour it back into the pot, stir and serve.
pHresh Option – place fresh scissor cut greens or herbs in your bowl before pouring in the soup
And/Or………Sprinkle with pHresh scissor cut herbs (I use what I have on hand)
That’s it! Doncha love it?
Don’t forget, single portion servings can be frozen and reheated in a saucepan on low for the next 6 months!
pHresh & Alive in 2010