Thanks Marcia of Pala, CA! Good Catch! I’ve reposted this from winter 2009, I’d forgotten about this recipe at pHBodyBalance.com .
Start in the am, enjoy in the pm:)
What better way to enjoy myself than to make a “slow cooker” pHresh Vege Creamy Soup? Ready in 6 hours, here’s what I did:
Creamy Potato, Leek, Cauliflower Soup (6 quart Slow Cooker)
- 3 – 4 red potatoes (peeled & diced)
- 1/2 large or 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets then diced
- 2 leeks (sliced and diced, only a little green)
- 1 sweet white onion (sliced and diced)
- handful of carrots diced
- 2 1/2 quarts vege or unchick broth (as part of liquid, which I do frequently, is add an optional 14 oz can of whole coconut milk)
- grind unbleached salt all the way around the top of the crock (approx 2 tsp)
- grind (fine) pepper 1/2 way around (approx 1 tsp)
- sprinkle dried or fresh rosemary (I use dried organic herbs de provence) all the way around the top (approx 1 T)
- dash of nutmeg (approx 1/4 – 1/3 tsp)
Once it’s ready, scoop 1/3 =1/2 of the soup into a 3-4 quart pot, and using a hand-held mixer, purée until smooth. Pour it back into the pot, stir and serve.
pHresh Option – place fresh scissor cut greens or herbs in your bowl before pouring in the soup
And/Or………Sprinkle with pHresh scissor cut herbs (I use what I have on hand)
That’s it! Doncha love it?
Don’t forget, single portion servings can be frozen and reheated in a saucepan on low for the next 6 months!