Dr. Manny of Fox News says…”If it (ionizing) sounds too good to be true, it probably is!” Watch his video on ionizers.
Dr. Manny Alvarez, Fox News
Because his response to ionizers was very brief, I felt compelled to respond to Dr. Manny. And, not that I felt he was unfair, I emailed Dr. Manny simply because without specific and extensive research, alkalizing can be misunderstood.
Below is my email to him.
Please don’t underestimate the power of pH balance – It is exactly as you said, our bodies are too acidic, however I personally (having been in the field 10 years) don’t believe diet alone can correct the imbalance. And as enhancements go, electric ionizers are great, but most people today cannot afford them, and they don’t address the purity of the water. I was happy to hear you speak with some authority on this subject, so many from the medical community don’t, and I’d like to add to your research.
Everyone needs higher levels of whole food nutrition, clean, pure water, and to shortstop eating processed and fast foods (to start).
Yes our body regulates our pH, but it can only do what it can with what it’s got to work with – if there is more acid rain coming in than it can resolve then there is trouble, and today there is trouble with 1 in 3 people (children and adults).
So for most people today, their body regulates at the expense of stealing calcium (12pH) or potassium (14pH), but that’s not the whole story, and it may be interesting to look past electric ionizers and into what caused the issue, because only then can we educate people to change. We only need to go as far as looking at our food to know the system is broken, we have degraded food today. We also have degraded water and cities are struggling to maintain government regulations let alone health levels.
- Tap water – Cities are adding tons more chemicals than they ever had to before. Water is unpredictable including well water. Gov’t. and health levels are different.
- Bottled water is not the answer for a number of reasons, but most important to the consumer is that it is basically unregulated, and unless marked “spring”, most is reverse osmosis which strips the water of the bad granted, but also strips vital minerals, leaving the water dead and acidic (probably a 6 pH which will have an adverse health affect longterm).
- Ionizing does more than raise the pH of the water (and today there is an alternative to electric ionizers, an inexpensive water powered system which also filters to purify as well as alkalize and ionize tap or well water into something that more reasonably resembles pure water.
- Ionizing breaks down the molecular structure of the water, making it smaller so it can hydrate the 20 different cell sizes and hydrate or re-hydrate us more easily.
- Whether due to degraded water or acidic bodies, I find tap water runs right through people. We have to find ways to make it wetter.
- An inexpensive way to help hydrate cells and bodies, is to add nutrition to the water, i.e., the phytochemical nutrition found in lemons and limes works great (pre-digestively acidic while post digestively alkaline)–
- Wanting to extract nutrition will give the body more time to breakdown the molecular structure for hydration or re-hydration.
The truth is our body is intended to receive nutrition and hydration from food and water – whole foods and pure water.
While electric countertop ionizers are becoming popular, for a long time they were high end alternative response to degraded water and a remedy for an acidic body (for many reasons, not just the pH factor).
- Pure water is optimal and the first priority. Pure water is clean, has minerals and carries a neutral pH. There is no pure water sources left in the world today, so the best we can do is filter it and enhance our tap water as naturally as possible, until we can get it as pure as we can, for drinking, bathing, cooking.
Best: Whole House system using state of the art medias like KDF 55, 85, etc., coconut carbon, and then further purify drinking water, enhancing with alkalizing filter
Good: Drinking/cooking water and shower/bath water.
Note: If you still want an ionizer, then run pure water through it for best results.
Dr. Manny, Please, as an example of cleaning up drinking/cooking water for a family (instead of buying bottled water), take a look at this 13 stage countertop or undersink $225 – NEW! Alkalizing, Ionizing, Infrared Undersink