This is an amazing recipe I converted for those of us who do our best to prepare alkaline soups. Who says we can’t enjoy what the most culinary genius’ can come up with?
- Butter (Essential Balance…butter substitute we love)
- 2 Leeks, white part only
- Chicken Stock (vegetable stock is ok if you want a vegetarian soup)
- 1/2 – 3/4 of an Idaho potato, peeled and sliced
- Bouquet Garni (Parsley, Thyme, Bay Leaf)
- 1 Garlic clove
- Cream (Coconut milk, whole)
- Optional garnish: julienned carrots, celery and leeks
- Julienne the carrots, celery and leeks if using for garnish.
- Sweat (steam) the julienned vegetables until tender. Add salt (unbleached sea salt).
- In a separate pot, sweat (steam)2 diced leeks in some butter (butter substitute). Add salt!
- Add (vegetable) stock to cover the leeks by an inch or two.
- Add potato slices and simmer. Add some more stock if necessary to cover them, but don’t add too much or the soup will be thin.
- Once the potatoes are thoroughly cooked, ladle into a blender, or wisk away.
- Add 1 clove of garlic, chives, loose bouquet garni.
- Puree very well and then strain(if you want to) the soup through a fine mesh strainer. Return to the stove.
- Add salt, pepper, cream and butter (you know the substitutes listed above).
- Garnish with carrots, celery, leeks and chopped chives.
Enjoy! And share your success!